The latest research
We currently fund two major laboratory currently has two major research objectives, firstly the development of genetically engineered immunotoxins...
IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO TAKE ON A CHALLENGE!
FIND OUT MORE HERE
CLIMB THAT PERSONAL MOUNTAIN NOW!
Find out more
Watch our videos
Leukaemia Busters and its relationship with Simon Flavell, the ten year old who lost his fight against leukaemia in 1990 after giving the charity its name and logo. (Meridian Television 2004)
Saving Young Lives Through Research
FUNDRAISING IDEA OF THE MONTH:
NOMINATE LEUKAEMIA BUSTERS AS YOUR PREFERRED CHARITY
There are lots of opportunities during our daily life when there may be a chance to put Leukaemia Busters' name forward to receive donations, grants and fundraising benefits. During July we would ask you to think of us and help us by doing just one or two of the following:
- Register to become a Friend of Leukaemia Busters and donate regularly (monthly or quarterly) to the charity. Click here to see more details.
- Nominate Leukaemia Busters to receive funds from the checkout collections in your local Waitrose or Asda. You can ask for a form in Waitrose or go online to your local Asda's page and then click on nominate under Asda Community - You Choose.
- Speak to your employer and nominate Leukaemia Busters to become their charity of the year in 2018 or to receive funds from any in-house fundraising.
- Talk to your friends and family about holding a fundraising event for Leukaemia Busters. It can be a small coffee morning or tea party or a larger community event.
- Talk to your local shop or pub about having a Leukaemia Busters Collecting Tin on their counter. We are happy to supply collecting tins when requested.
- Speak to your children's or grandchildren's teachers and ask if they would consider fundraising for Leukaemia Busters. Sadly, many schools will have a pupil who is receiving treatment for leukaemia at the moment and Dr David Flavell is happy to come out and speak to the pupils about our research work and how it will change the lives of leukaemia sufferers in the future.
- Instead of receiving birthday or anniversary presents this year ask your friends and family to donate to Leukaemia Busters in your name.
- Nominate Leukaemia Busters to receive a legacy from your will, thus supporting the charity into the future.
Some of these ideas take very little effort, some a bit more but they would also help us by bringing in the funds we need to continue our research to Save Young Lives through Research.